Families of EWUMC Preschool,
As concerns around Coronavirus (COVID-19) increase, EWUMC Preschool is committed to communicating proactively and transparently with our families and children we serve. I have spoken to State of California Licensing and the Los Angeles County Health Department. We are considered an essential business providing childcare for parents who are working in essential jobs.
We will work through this uncertain time together. We will continue to support you in improving interactions, regardless of the circumstance. In times like these when children may be fearful and in need of additional emotional support, meaningful positive interactions are even more important. We are implementing the following new health policies at the school:
1) All adults must wear a mask when they are on the EWUMC campus. It is optional for children to wear a mask and is at the discretion of the parents. If you think your child can wear a mask without constantly touching their face, then please have them wear a mask. If they constantly touch their face, it is more sanitary to have them frequently wash their hands.
2) Please notify us immediately if someone in your family gets sick.
3) No student or staff member will be allowed on campus if they have a respiratory illness.
4) We will be doing daily staff and student health checks. Children or staff with the following illnesses will not be allowed on school grounds: diarrhea, severe coughing, irregular breathing, cold like symptoms, pink eye, unusual spots or rashes, sore throat, infected skin conditions, stiff neck, vomiting, severe itching or ill behavior, a temperature of a 100.4 or higher, color discharge from nose or eye.
5) If your student shows any of the symptoms above during the day, they will be placed in an isolated area and a parent or approved pick up person must pick up the student within 30 minutes of receiving the phone call.
Until further notice only students will be allowed on in classrooms. Adults will sign in the children between the gate and Room 3. The students will have a health check, taken to the bathroom to wash their hands and taken to class. When you come to pick up your student, please sign them out in the same manner. We will call for your student who will then be brought outside Room 3.
We know this is a stressful time and we are here to support you in any way we can. Please contact us with any questions or concerns you may have.